Thursday 29 May 2008

Italian Playing Cards


Whenever we travel, we always take a set of Italian playing cards. There's two games my husband's Sicilian grandparents particularly loved, called Scopa and Briscola. We often play them on trains and when waiting around to pass the time.

I also collect regional variations of the 40-card Italian decks.

I'm off travelling (currently in Pompei and Naples), and as I won't be taking any new shots of Sydney for a few weeks, and I've not taken a computer, I'm not sure I'll be able to post photos. So, I'm publishing some of my art works in the form of Artist Trading Cards. These small canvases are made on card of 69 x 89 mm dimensions (3.5 x 5.5 inches). They are made to trade with other artists, as the name implies. It is extremely bad form to sell them. Any medium can be used, but my preferred method of creation is by using rubber stamps and inks.

1 comment:

  1. Those playing cards remind of tarot cards. something about the intricate design. I am so envious of your travels at the moment.Have fun

    ReplyDelete