Saturday 20 September 2008

From Tempe House to Cook's River (Tempe House Tour Part 7)

One of the positives of the development at Wolli Creek is the rehabilitation of the parkland sweeping down to the Cook's River. Alexander Brodie Spark once had a bathing pavilion on the river.

Unfortunately we have heard nothing about this space being publicly available, as was promised to the communtiy.

The suburb across the river is Tempe, named after the house.

Tomorrow: looking across the river from the other side.

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you composed this shot with the diagonal line formed by that fence.

    This is such a great tour you're taking us on. I feel like i'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely picture Sally. It reminds me of paintings or etchings of scenes of Australia or the South Pacific from the 1800s.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very annoying about the lack of public access. We have that in the Eastern Suburbs all the time - but us hoi polloi simply barge in and let them yell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sally! After a short break but a long absence, I’m finally back to the blogosphere and found a great tour of Wolli Creek here. Great pictures, and amazing development!
    Meanwhile Blogtrotter is now in Kos on the way to Crete! Hope you enjoy and wish you a great weekend and a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still loving "the tour" too! It all looks pretty publicly available to me!!

    Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft light and gentle shadows in this, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. midge - no it's not: I had to climb up rock faces and onto fences etc to get these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite books is Alan Mooreheads "Cooper Creek". Not Cook's river but it reminded me of it. Cook's R. is lovely.

    ReplyDelete