Monday 21 April 2008

Classical windmill

I'm away on the beautiful NSW South Coast for a few days, so I've set Blogger to automatic. Hope it works.

For the next few days, let's take a peek into a few front yards and have a look at some of the weird and wonderful ways people express themselves to the world (or their immediate neighbours).

And if this small taste whets your appetite, you've just GOT to visit Alan Waddell's website, Walk Sydney Streets , especially his Surprises and Secrets. Alan is a sprightly and wonderful 93 year old who has set himself the task of walking EVERY street in Sydney. Bring on retirement, I say! I'm not paying any attention to those straighteners and tighteners who want us all to keep working til we're 132! There's too much to discover in the world to keep your nose to the grindstone, and Alan is my hero. And he and his sons (who maintain the website) think of much wittier captions than I ever could. My only gripe is they haven't walked past my place and come in for a cuppa - YET.

In fact I'm thinking of giving up taking pictures and just pinching Alan's! (Just kidding Alan!)

7 comments:

  1. Automatic? I use their draft mode so I can write today and post tomorrow or whatever. Is that what you meant by automatic?

    This is an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting post, love the windmill, we dont have those around my country.
    Also I would like to know what you mean by automatic, Like lincoln said I do the draft and post later too but i cant do it automatically even if I set later dates blogger publishes them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogger in draft i have been considering. I hope you had a great 2nd anniversary. Windmills are something we lack here, so a very welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, found your blog via Paris Daily Photo. Your photos of Sydney are great! What a beautiful city. David

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and a great guy! I loved this website and his photos.

    I, too, want to know what "automatic" is.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live for this stuff. Lots of it in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I know this garden!

    ReplyDelete