Sunday 23 March 2008

Walking the Dog




Victoria St, Potts Point
The London plane tree is a widely used street planting in Sydney, due to its robust structure and resistance to urban conditions. Being deciduous it allows for winter sun and summer shade. Plane trees also have a noted tolerance to pollution and their broad leaves take many airborne particulate pollutants out of city air. They are criticised in some quarters for their high pollen levels and possible allergenic qualities in September.

I love them

4 comments:

  1. luv ur blog,really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I love 'em too. I love how they've been used for street plantings and almost make a 'green cathedral' when tree
    canopies meet. And, well, I have to mention the lovely avenue of them in Arncliffe Park ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caba - I thought they were oaks in the parK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog's name is Charlie - he used to live next door to me in Brougham St. He's with his grandma.

    ReplyDelete