Thursday 10 August 2006

Something for the sweet tooths

Way back in April I posted a picture of Lebanese Pastry in my nearest cake and pastry shop. Here's an older, more traditional "Australian" cake shop in the main shopping street in my suburb. It's run by Vietnamese people now, and they've kept all the old staples: iced patty cakes, lurid pink iced finger buns and raisin buns, cream donuts and iced donuts with sprinkles . . . (and inside, caramel slices, coconut slices, vanilla slices, lamingtons, and much, much more...)

5 comments:

  1. Not only delicious but you did a great job in choosing which to photograph. The pink treats look particularly enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this must be unofficial sweets week. I had baklava on my site earlier this week, and yesterday I had an Indian pastry. Yes, the pink ones are beckoning. Thank goodness I'm so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. je préfère les paticeries fines, mais bon, quand on a une petite faim...

    joli blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhmmmm....I AM so HUNGRY right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very delicious looking pic. Stop my drooling please!!

    ReplyDelete