Friday 15 December 2006

Sydney Tour

There's a lot of Sydney happening in this photo.
In the background, one of the most lovely of the colonial buildings, Hyde Park Barracks.
In the middle, the open-top tourist bus, of the kind so popular in many cities. I see these every day, as they "live" near where I live, and pass by near where I work.
In the foreground, a fruit stall with lots of yummy summer stone fruit. Great to pick up something for lunch when countering the effects of too many Christmas parties!
All Sydney's street furniture - kiosks, toilets, light and power poles (also pictured - they also double as banner holders and many also have a facility for chaining bikes), bus shelters, are supplied by French company JC Decaux.

5 comments:

  1. cela me rappelle les bus rouges de New York pour faire le tour de manhattan. A ma premiere visite, j'ai fait le tour complet de manhattan, et j'ai trouve cela sympa et cela permet de decouvrir la ville avant de partir à l'aventure


    that points out the red buses of New York to me to make the turn of Manhattan. With my first visit, I made the full rotation of Manhattan, and I have find that sympathetic and that makes it possible to discover the city before leaving to the adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. great and colourful photo Sally.
    thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Olivier, I like those buses. First one I did was in London and for the first time I understood a bit about the spatial relationships of the city (you don't get that travelling on metro or tube). Then I did it in barcelona, which has 3 terrific routes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've done the bus tours & great fun they were too. You get a different perspective on things from being so high off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these very colourful open buses!

    ReplyDelete