Wednesday 22 October 2008

More than 15 minutes of fame - Ordinary Extraordinary (Sculpture By The Sea 3)



Ordinary Extraordinary by Ivan Lovatt.
You can view more of Lovatt's chicken wire busts of famous people here and here.

I think it is beautifully executed, and the 44-gallon drum plinth provides great context. I've been pondering how fabulous it would be to be able to creat a portrait in 3-D, using any materials!

This was one of only a few life-like or figurative works in the exhibition.

Do you like it? Do you have a favourite piece of sculptural portraiture / bust?

Tomorrow: From the personal to the political

10 comments:

  1. superbe hommage au maitre du pop art, je suis sur qu'il aurait adoré
    (mais bon, il aurait surement demandé des royalties ;o) )
    superb homage to the master of pop art, I am on that it would have loved (but check, it would have surement asked by royalties ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an amazing piece of work. i like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one. The work in it is quite extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the top photo with all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful imagination! Brilliant execution !! Thanks for sharing this (and the links).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one. It really fits the personality of Andy Warhol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really looking forward to seeing your photos of this series. It's one of the things I miss about not being in Sydney. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tribute to Andy Warhol. This is a fab series. So sorry I've not been commenting. New iMac and I'm struggling - love it but it won't allow me to comment so keeping flipping between machines. grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great likeness. It's more than just interesting; it's quite mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete