Tuesday 28 October 2008

Every Dog Has Its Day (Sculpture By The Sea 9)



Every Dog Has Its Day by Geoff Harvey. More of Harvey's works - here and here.

I'm sure this one was made especially for Jilly... dogs and the seaside.

Tomorrow: More dogs!

PS In answer to a question from Halcyon who asked what happens to the sculptures: Like most exhibitions, the vast majority are for sale. Some will end up in public or private collections, others will be unsold. The exhibition catalogue lists the prices for each piece where it is for sale (not all are, and some are intentionally ephemeral).

I recently showed this piece on my blog - it was a former SxS piece. And this one "lives" near me; a friend reported that he had seen it recently at a conceet / fair in a park near him.

To view all my 2008 Sculpture By The Sea posts CLICK HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Really like these sculptures and the photo's of them. Love the expressions on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I'm trying to follow you, but I don't see where to do so on your sidebar. If you know how to instruct me to follow you, I will. I haven't switched over to the new Blogger Layouts yet, and frankly don't know if I want to go through the hassle, so I can't have the little thingy on my sidebar either!

    In any event, LOVE these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Juneau (Alaska) Daily Photo!
    I (and I know others) would love to buy some of his sculptures. They are great. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    They would be a huge hit here in Alaska especially with those who follow the Alaska Iditarod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transparent dogs I do not believe that it pleases Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Bergson! Well I'll suspend belief with these. I love them...and of course so perfect the way you've photographed them with the water in the background. What fun the artist must have had making these. Well I'd be in the market for one or two if they were for sale here - several good points, Bergson -they don't bark when I've got a headache and they don't pee in the house! And you don't have to feed them or take them for walks.

    I do like the artists other work too, although I could only open up the second link you gave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for answering my question. I hope the works find homes - especially the Alice in Wonderland. I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These dogs are really cute.
    As for your previous photos of the "strange" photographer, well all I can say is "Give me the dogs any day!".

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with a dog post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are great. really well captured.

    ReplyDelete