Thursday 20 July 2006

Walsh Bay

The Walsh Bay area of Sydney Harbour contains a series of old finger wharves, no longer used for port activities. They have been converted to theatres, rehearsal spaces and offices for various performing arts companies: Sydney Theatre Company, Sydney Dance Company, Australian Theatre for Young People, Bangara Dance Company, Sydney Children's Choir, Sydney Philharmonia Choir.

There's also very expensive apartments and a private marina. It's a fabulous place to stroll around...I'll show a few more pictures in the next couple of days.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see people on the Bridge Climb.

3 comments:

  1. never been there (wonder why?) but thanks to you, I'll be walking past come january. and the bridge climb...I've always wanted to do it but no one wanted to come with me ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you can see people on the bridge nicely.
    If I had a courage I would climb but probably would admire from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've walked around the area with my brother (who lives in Liverpool) when I visit from the UK. He's taken photos of the same building every so often for many years now. Don't forget to visit my blog to see what my hometown looks like.

    ReplyDelete