Thursday 12 February 2009

Coogee - the beach pool


We're heading south again - on to Coogee. This is the Ross Jones Memorial pool at the southern end of Coogee Beach. They were built in 1947 from funds provided by the Commonwealth government to the local council as reparation for wartime damage to the beach. They were dedicated to Roscoe Samuel Jones, who was alderman for Randwick's East Ward from 1934 to 1937 and closely associated with the Coogee Surf Life Saving Club, near which the baths are located.

4 comments:

  1. Wow a beach pool, what I would do visit one of those right now, great pic. Also our love and prayers to everyone in Australia who's been affected by those aweful fires.

    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, you didn't take these pictures recently, did you? Because the past couple of days have been freezing and wet, raining the entire time :P
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, of course not. I have a fulltime job - I wish I could tool around taking photos every day, but that will have to wait for a few years til I retire! In the meantime my photography excursions are mainly on weekends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a nice pool. I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete