Thursday 14 September 2006

Driving to get fit


"They drove what to go where????"

I reckon one day, in Futurama World, archaeologists, sociologists and historians will be gobsmacked in wonderment at the concept of all these overweight and body-conscious people getting in their cars and driving to expensive franchised Emporiums Of Fitness in an attempt to counteract the effects of the car-based society they had created in the first place!

This is my gym at 6.57 am; the car park is packed, and as the "first shift" is leaving, the next is cruising for places to park.

4 comments:

  1. I had a good laugh at this Sally, the more so as I have been guilty of this behaviour myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all, paul? This gym is an old BBC hardware store, and it's a real hike from any public transport. And on a road i wouldn't dare ride a bike down....not with Sydney traffic - narrow roads, fast driving and no room for a cyclist to make a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sally,
    DO you think future historians will be gobsmacked? I wish I could be that optimistic.I'm afraid they will just have gone further down that same path...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fitness first???

    We got one of these club also there in Parma...and its located in a ex-airplane hangar (just next to the strange "accident scene" displayed in one of my last post).

    ReplyDelete