Wednesday 20 September 2006

After lunch


Yesterday I had lunch at one of my favourite cafes in Surry Hills. I took just this one snap after all the tables had been cleared and my friend and I (look carefully and you can just spot us) were lingering over a cup of coffee before going back to clear the avalanche of emails that inevitably appears as soon as you leave your desk. I looked up and loved the mish-mash of colours in this tiny establishment where the woman owner/cook manages to conjure up the most reasonably priced, totally fresh, made from scratch French/European fare every day. We both had chicken- and-pork-stuffed yellow capsicum with polenta on the side.

4 comments:

  1. Nice colors Sally...is that you waaaaaaaaay over there in a mirror maybe? I almost need a magnifying glass, LOL! Lunch sounds yummy too...do you mean a pepper? My hubby used to say capsicum...until I reminded him he lived in the States, LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's me and my friend Michelle as tiny little specks in the mirror.

    Yeah, I guess you call them 'bell peppers' eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bright colours sure to cheer you up. Chicken- and-pork-stuffed yellow capsicum with polenta on the side wouldn't be French at all, but possibly some Spanish influence ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, What is the Restaurant called, and where is it? Perhaps its evident from the photo, but because I'm a blind guy, I can only access the description of your favourite eating place, but not its name.
    Thanks, Tim
    tim@timnoonan.com.au

    ReplyDelete