Sunday 28 June 2009

In solidarity with Iranian bloggers





Iranian bloggers and photographers are having their sites shut down, and worse, disappearing or being arrested.

One City Photo Blogger, "A", from Tehran has not been heard of for some days. Reports are that he has been imprisoned for taking photos in the street. The City Daily Photo Blogging community is responding by drawing attention to the situation in that country.

Today, several of us in the City Daily Photo community are blogging in support of one of our friends, as well as all those protesting in Iran and around the world for democracy in Iran.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

12 comments:

  1. Sally, I don't think that the CDPB trawler can pick up videos but only still images. You may care to include a still image as well. I like the fact that you have included images of our protests here in Sydney.

    I hope that our missing blogger can be with us for our next Theme Day. The world is a community. The world is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sal, just saw your comment on the forum.

    I think you have chosen your "participating" code from underneath the wrong column from the drop downs. YOu need to choose the code from the Themes that appears from the drop down under HOME not under MY ACCOUNT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julie. I did have the wrong code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodo ... I can see you up there now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Sally. I'll be checking out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful contribution today, Sally. I am so moved by our CDP community. Let's hope A is home safe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, solidarity is important. In addition, I am pleased that so many of us have posted today to call attention to one of our own and generally to support human rights around the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for participating today, Sally. I'm thrilled to see all this support from around the globe for the people of Iran. I hope they know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a terrible thing suppressing freedom of expression! I hope "A" and all the other bloggers in Iran are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done as we all hope for the best in Iran

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad for your support. I'd like to make you aware of this video. Jump to 00:27:10 if you don't like to watch the whole video. I think this is what most western countries deny but it is all connected.

    ReplyDelete