Thursday 12 June 2008

Starry starry night

Here's a n early ATC I made, called Starry Starry Night. One of the places we want to visit from Avignon is Arles, where Vincent Van Gogh painted one of my favourite paintings, Starry Night Over the Rhône.

I'm off travelling (currently in Avignon), and as I won't be taking any new shots of Sydney for a few weeks, and I've not taken a computer, I'm not sure I'll be able to post photos. So, I'm publishing some of my art works in the form of Artist Trading Cards. These small canvases are made on card of 69 x 89 mm dimensions (3.5 x 5.5 inches). They are made to trade with other artists, as the name implies. It is extremely bad form to sell them. Any medium can be used, but my preferred method of creation is by using rubber stamps and inks.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you have posted your gorgeous postcards, relevant to the places you are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...from Nola, the sister at home in Sydney looking after the family cat!
    Although physically distant from your travels, this post has me remembering seeing 'Starry Night Over the Rhone', at the Impressionist Exhibition in Melbourne several years ago. Definitely a favourite.
    Have fun on the next phase of your journey and your meeting with Nathalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember Sally that old song "Vincent" performed by Don McLean (who wrote it)? First words was "Starry Starry night..." --- I loved it sssooo much !

    ReplyDelete