Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Three Sisters. Sydney Sandstone Part 20 (repost)

Originally posted 30 Oct 2006

The western edge of Sydney is marked by the dissected, uplifted plateau which forms the Blue Mountains. Mostly sandstone, it is basalt capped. This formation, The Three Sisters, is the premier tourist attraction, and shows the layers of sandstone superbly.

I'm away on holidays enjoying myself at the beach. I'm therefore re-posting some sandstone photos I've used previously, some more than two years ago....

Check here for holiday photos, and click here to see the complete sandstone collection.

8 comments:

  1. une vue magnifique, qui donne le vertige ;o). je te souhaite une bonne et heureuse année 2009.
    a splendid view, which gives vertigo ;o). I wish you good and happy year of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give up! ;))
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you and yours a peaceful and loving year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a great and properuos new year Sally.
    Livio

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind me taking the easy route by copying and pasting this comment, it is by far the easiest method of getting my message to so many CDP photobloggers.
    I am not sure that I can sustain South Shields Daily Photo much longer, it is so difficult to keep finding new material on a daily basis,
    and after more than two years inspiration and motivation are becoming harder to find, so I may become less daily from time to time.
    I hope you can find new hope and inspiration, and that a new start in 2009 brings everything that you desire.
    The CDP photoblogging community has grown massively over the past year and I'd like to thank those who have visited South Shields Daily Photo, especially those who have been kind enough to leave a comment or two.
    Best wishes for 2008

    from

    Curly

    at

    South Shields Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent!

    Happy New Year, Sally! Wishing you a peaceful and prosperous 2009.

    I hope this reaches you, wherever you are right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Three Sisters are magnificent - and so is your photograph of them. Bravo!

    Happy New Year Sally et famille.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tous mes voeux de bonheur, de joie, de santé et de paix à vos proches et vous même !

    ReplyDelete