Saturday 5 July 2014

Mark Foys




The steps of the long-gone Mark Foys department store. It is now the Downing Centre court complex.
You could be forgiven for thinking it's a scene featuring a very elegant young woman with her child and mother in Rome.

Elegant they are, and very "modern" - they're not wearing gloves for the big trip to "town". 

The year was approx 1955. The elegant young woman (aged about 20)  is my mother-in-law, the older woman her mother, and the boy is my husband. 

I love this photo! 

3 comments:

  1. I can see why! It's a terrific image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo too... since I remember that year very well! Not wearing gloves to town was VERY racy!!! In fact the older women also wore hats to town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg Jamieson09 June, 2015 22:04

    It's a great photo. I had to have a double take, it could have been me with my mother and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete